UpSoul Yoga Retreat | June 2021
'A unique six days of yoga, well-being, creative activities and travel experience in the lush nature of Pelion.'
28.06.21 – 04.07.21
With Virginia Papapostolou, Eleni Hadjisavva & Simos Lazaridis
This 6-day holistic yoga retreat combines subtle elements of traditional Yogic study including Hatha Yoga, creative Vinyasa flows while focusing on relaxing and restoring body and soul.
Together we will explore the lush nature of Pelion through playful yoga daily exercises allowing us to connect with ourselves and with each other. We will have plenty of time to reflect upon ourselves and release the tension of this difficult year while enjoying the vibrant Greek summer vibe and atmosphere. We will explore the beautiful region, the tropical-like beaches, and traditional mountain villages that Pelion has to offer, always in a mindful way to travel and connect with our natural surroundings.
Prepare yourselves to welcome the luxury and comfort of Pelion Homes accommodation and retreat facilities. Indulge in the delicious fresh Mediterranean and vegetarian cuisine and allow the warm sunlight to guide you towards elevating your spirit and soul. (#UpSoul)
All levels are welcome to attend this program. No significant experience is necessary. All we require is a sincere desire to attain personal improvement and feeling ready to share this unique experience with other fellow yogi travelers while being ready to experience a great wellness holiday in Pelion!
Pelion Homes Retreat Centre. Agios Georgios Nilias is a beautiful and green traditional village on the slopes of the Western Pelion, 22 km from Volos, between the Pagasitikos Gulf and the Aegean Sea, at a distance of 20′-30 ‘from the nearest beaches and near the village of Milies.
- Daily yoga & meditation, pranayama and other breathing techniques in our beautiful bedouin style tent or in nature
- 6-nights’ accommodation at the beautiful villas of Pelion Homes
- Free group optional activities such as arts & crafts, permaculture gardening, cooking seminars and more
- Mindful walks in the forest and playful beach days
- On-site brunch and dinner included with tuition
- Complimentary herbal teas and fruits all-day
- Plenty of free time to relax by the pool or explore the beaches, villages and forest of Pelion
- Additional activities upon request such as private massage sessions.
YOGA - BREATHWORK - MOVEMENT
A variety of gentle and dynamic practices will be shared daily.
– Participants will have the opportunity to attend vinyasa yoga as well as gentle and therapeutic hatha yoga sessions aiming to increase the inner fire, strengthen and detoxify the body.
– Guided practices of conscious breathing will take place to release stress and tension, inviting a grounded sensation of connectedness and alignment with the present moment.
– Time will be dedicated to experiencing the surprising movement patterns that may arise when one is discretely guided, given the freedom to express oneself.
– Each person has the option to keep a slow and nourishing pace or to take a step closer to challenging their limits. One may choose whether to join or not in each session, you might choose to have a massage or a walk in the forest, or just explore and listen to the accurate needs of the body, mind and heart. We encourage our guests to feel free and listen to their hearts.
ARTS & CRAFTS
In this art workshop, we will talk about the history, symbolism and design of the ancient art of mandalas. Then we will work together to make a “mosaic” mandala made out of natural materials that we will collect during our nature trips! This work of art will be left to Pelion Homes Retreat Center as a heritage and an imprint of our existence, energy and connection!
Pelion is one of the richest countries in the world in biodiversity. Hundreds of aromatic and healing herbs are growing here. They were valued by our ancestors as food but also as medicine of nature for their analgesic abilities. Today, about 75% of chemical drugs are based on the miraculous properties of herbs. While having a picnic next to the medicinal herb garden of Pelion Homes Retreat Centre we will encounter and taste them while creating toning, detoxing, relaxing and healing “magic filters” for the body and mind.
The retreat includes two (2) daily vegetarian or vegan meals, brunch and dinner. We will experience hearty Mediterranean organic food with ingredients picked from the retreat centre garden. Packed lunches will be provided for days away from the Retreat Centre, as well as snacks and fruit will be available throughout the day.
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
We will explore the surrounding villages of Pelion, the mountainside and also spend time relaxing and gently stretching on idyllic pure beaches surrounding the coastline.
- 7:00 – 8:00 Tea & coffee at the retreat centre
- 7:45 – 8:00 Silent sitting (optional)
- 8:00 – 9:30 Vinyasa & Pranayama session
- 10:00 – 11:00 Brunch at the communal dining space
- 11:00 – 17:00 Free time & guided excursions (beach & mountain exploration with snacks)
- 17:30 – 19:00 Arts n crafts workshops (mandala – botanic etc) (optional)
- 19:30 – 20:30 Soft practice & meditation (movement – voice etc)
- 21:00 Dinner at the communal dining space
- 22:00 Gathering and sharing – singing – partner massage (optional)
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- The hosts speak: English & Greek
- The maximum participants are 18 people
- All levels are welcome to attend this program.
- Will be at the beautiful PELION HOMES Villas. Shared for 3-7 guests per villa depending on size and availability. Some have private pools.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
The below offerings are per person and include the yoga retreat program, accommodation (x6 nights), food and most additional group activities such as guided walks in the forest, Arts & Craft sessions, permaculture and gardening workshops.
- Twin Room: Choose to stay in a twin room with shared bathroom facilities
- Single Room with shared bathroom: Enjoy a spacious single room for your privacy with shared villa bathroom facilities
- Single Room with ensuite bathroom: Looking for a little more privacy? Choose our most luxurious accommodation option with a king-sized bed and private ensuite bathroom
Pelion Homes offers a ‘Full Covid’ refund policy‘ so you can book with confidence and peace of mind.
For more information or to reserve your place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stathis on +30 693 254 8122.
All participants must sign and submit the Pelion Homes Retreat Agreement in order to attend this program.
JOIN OUR WAITING LIST