UpSoul Yoga Retreat | July 2023
'A holistic & creative exploration retreat set in the lush nature of Pelion.'
10.07.23 – 16.07.23
For the third year in a row, the UpSoul tribe is growing stronger and wiser! This summer we are integrating our past experience with some new ideas in order to provide a unique and tailor-made experience based on our love for yoga, meditation, sharing amazing food and playful time by the beach.
Prepare yourselves to welcome the luxury and comfort of Pelion Homes accommodation and our retreat facilities. Indulge in our delicious fresh vegetarian Mediterranean food and allow the warm sunlight and our hospitality to guide you towards elevating your spirit and soul.
All levels are welcome to attend this unique yoga, arts & craft and travel exploration retreat. No significant experience is necessary. All we require is a sincere desire to attain personal improvement and feeling ready to share this unique experience with other fellow travellers that have a passion for yoga, great food and are ready to have a great meaningful time this summer in Pelion.
With Virginia Papapostolou, Eleni Hadjisavva & Simos Lazaridis
- Daily dynamic, restorative and meditative yoga sessions guided by our friendly and well-trained teachers Virginia, Eleni and Simos.
- Pranayama and other breathing techniques, meditation and Thai massage in the beautiful bedouin-style tent and in nature.
- Playful Acro-yoga sessions, handstands, movement and voice release sessions – no need for prior experience.
- Mindful walks in the forest and playful beach days.
- Group activities such as arts and crafts, permaculture gardening exploration, community cooking, music, henna drawings and more.
- Exploration trip at stunning paradise beaches in Pelion.
- 6 nights accommodation at the luxurious villas of Pelion Homes.
- Private transportation for our excursions to the region.
- On-site brunch and dinner are included with the tuition.
- Complimentary herbal teas and fruits all-day Plenty of free time to relax by the pool or explore the beaches, villages and forest of Pelion.
- Additional activities upon request (such as private massage sessions).
These 7 days are designed to allow you to reconnect to your natural rhythm, inner peace, the feeling of gratitude and wellbeing. In one week you can choose to participate in all or some of the activities.
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
- 8:00 – 8:30 Guided meditation and pranayama
- 8:30 – 10:00 Dynamic vinyasa yoga practise (all levels – we offer personal assistance since we are three facilitators that work together)
- 10:15 – 11:30 Amazing brunch – people are coming back for it over the years
- 11:30 – 19:00 Organized activities, beach excursions, arts & crafts workshops (optional), massage and free time
- 19:00 – 20:15 Soft practice and meditation (gentle flow, yin, yoga nidra, voice and movement, thai massage etc)
- 20:30 – 9:30 Amazing dinner!
- 9:30 – as late as you feel gathering, sharing, playing music and going with the flow.
“For us, Upsoul stands for our soul’s deepest longing and the Upsoul retreat is a safe space for both individual and collective discovery of a joyful and meaningful life”
– What does it mean for you? –
YOGA - BREATHWORK - MOVEMENT
A VARIETY OF GENTLE AND DYNAMIC PRACTICES WILL BE SHARED ON A DAILY BASIs
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend dynamic yoga practices as well as gentle and therapeutic sessions aiming to strengthen, detoxify and increase the awareness of the material and immaterial body.
- Guided practices of conscious breathing will take place to release stress and tension, inviting a grounded sensation of connectedness and alignment with the present moment.
- Playful sessions will be held to connect with ourselves and our fellow participants and skillful practices to challenge us with Acroyoga, handstands and Thai massage.
- Time will be dedicated to experiencing the surprising movement patterns that may arise when one is discretely guided, given the freedom to express oneself.
- Each person has the option to keep a slow and nourishing pace or to take a step closer to challenging their limits. One may choose whether to join or not in each session, to have a massage or a walk in the peaceful forest, or just explore and listen to the accurate needs of the body, mind and heart. We encourage our guests to feel free and to listen to their hearts and their bodies.
ARTS & CRAFTS
We will gather on the beautiful communal terrace to explore our creative side on a group and individual level. We will collect our materials for painting, mosaics and jewelry from natural materials, wood, pebbles, sea shells and more.
This workshop invites you to reach a meditative state through art or to just let your inner child to come out and spread some magic!
IN nature we trust to connect and align
Pelion is one of the richest countries in the world in biodiversity. Hundreds of aromatic and healing herbs are growing here. As food but also medicines of nature, they were valued – by ancient ancestors – for their analgesic abilities.
We will have the opportunity to tour the gardens of the farm, to pick vegetables and fruits for our cooking and to get to know some of the healing herbs that grow in the area during the specific period. Together we will make herbal medicinal teas and we will introduce ourselves to the magic world of the plants and the principles of permaculture design.
TRAVEL & DISCOVER
We will explore the surrounding villages of Pelion and spend time relaxing and gently stretching by beautiful beaches. We will enjoy a greek coffee under the shadows of the epic plain trees by the village square and have time to discover nearby footpaths in the forest.
We will experience hearty homemade Mediterranean organic food made with ingredients directly picked from our garden and seasonal locally sourced. Farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine at its best! The retreat includes two daily vegetarian meals with vegan options, brunch and dinner.
Packed lunches for the days away from the villas as well as light refreshments, snacks and fruit throughout the day.
If you have allergies or intolerances please let us know in advance and we will care for you.
Virginia, always passionate about movement, after 8 years of capoeira and body exploration through different kinds of spiritual and physical practices, 11 years now she has been exploring the practice of yoga as a student and as a teacher! The last years,as part of Pelion Homes team, she practices yoga in a more holistic and spacious way and she loves to share not only her practice and her love for movement in all forms, but also her love for arts and crafts, music, nature, food and traveling, looking for meditation and upliftment of the soul in all the things she loves to do!
Eleni grew up in Athens, Greece and has been traveling and living around the world for over a decade. All of her life revolved around sports and arts, expressing herself through body movement, creativity and music. Yoga, Acroyoga, pole dance, thai massage, henna, arts and crafts are the things she wants to share with people. She loves bringing people together in a safe environment to connect with themselves and others, to trust, play and fly. She is a certified Hatha yoga teacher, 500 hour Yoga Alliance and a certified Acroyoga International teacher.
Simos discovered the yogic version of himself while living in a kibbutz in the desert of Israel. He grew up in northern Greece and has a wide background of body/ spiritual practices. Soft acrobatics, contact improvisation, martial arts and mobility training are part of his interests and studies. He completed his 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training in 2018, an Aerial Yoga teacher training certificate and a Thai massage course in 2019. Being a curious lifelong student he started his physiotherapy studies in 2022 in the university of west Attica.
Will be at the beautiful PELION HOMES Villas. Shared for 3-7 guests per villa depending on size and availability. Some have pools that could be used by the whole group.
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
The hosts speak: English & Greek
The maximum number of participants is 18 people
All levels are welcome to attend this program.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS
The below prices (in EUR) are per person and includes the retreat program, accommodation, food and all additional group activities such as guided walks in the forest, Arts & Craft sessions, permaculture and gardening seminar.
Accommodation in private villas for 3-7 guests per villa depending on size and availability.
▶︎ Twin Room: Choose to stay in a twin room with shared bathroom facilities | €1099.
▶︎ Single Room with shared bathroom: Enjoy a spacious single room for your privacy with shared villa bathroom facilities | €1250.
▶︎ Single Room with Ensuite bathroom: Looking for a little more privacy? Choose our most luxurious accommodation option with a king-sized bed and private ensuite bathroom | €1350.
Not included in the price:
*Traveling to and from Pelion Homes is not included in the price. Please contact us for details on how to reach Pelion Homes or visit here.
* Private massage sessions also not included in the price
You can choose to pay in full or make an initial deposit of 30% to reserve your spot. Six weeks prior to the retreat the remaining balance will be requested.
For more information on our booking policy please see the following ‘Retreats payments & cancellation‘ page here.
If you wish to ask any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nicholas on +30 698 3825062