UpSoul Yoga Retreat | July 2022
'A holistic & creative exploration retreat set in the lush nature of Pelion.'
11.07.22 – 17.07.22
With Virginia Papapostolou, Eleni Hadjisavva & Simos Lazaridis
Join us for seven incredible days of body, soul and mind upliftment through daily yoga practice, arts & crafts workshops, healthy nutritious Mediterranean food, sea and mountain exploration and travel mindfulness!
Τhese 7 days, through our yoga practices and other activities, using our senses as tools, we will explore the four elements of nature (earth, water, fire and air). Focusing on empowering, relaxing and restoring our threefold existence (body, mind, soul) and becoming one with the spectacular biodiversity and ecosystem around us and within us.
Together we will enjoy and connect with the multidimensional region of Pelion. The lush nature of the mountains, the tropical-like beaches and the beauty of the traditional villages hidden inside the mountain. We will have plenty of time to reflect upon ourselves and release the tension of this year while enjoying the Greek summer vibe, in a mindful way to travel and connect with each other and with our natural surroundings.
Prepare yourselves to welcome the luxury and comfort of Pelion Homes accommodation and retreat facilities. Indulge in our delicious fresh vegetarian Mediterranean food and allow the warm sunlight to guide you towards elevating your spirit and soul.
All levels are welcome to attend this program. No significant experience is necessary. All we require is a sincere desire to attain personal improvement and feeling ready to share this unique experience with other fellow yogi travellers and be ready to have a great wellness holiday time in Pelion.
Pelion Homes Retreat Centre. Agios Georgios Nilias is a beautiful and green traditional village on the slopes of the Western Pelion, 22 km from Volos, between the Pagasitikos Gulf and the Aegean Sea, at a distance of 20′-30 ‘from the nearest beaches and near the village of Milies.
“For us, Upsoul stands for our soul’s deepest longing, and the Upsoul retreat is a safe space for both individual and collective discovery of a joyful and meaningful life.
What does it mean for you?”
- Daily yoga & meditation, pranayama and other breathing techniques in our beautiful bedouin style tent or in nature
- Movement and voice release sessions
- Playful acro-yoga sessions
- 6-nights accommodation at the luxurious villas of Pelion Homes
- Private transportation for our long excursions to the region*
- Free group optional activities such as arts & crafts, permaculture gardening, music and more
- Mindful walks in the forest and playful beach days
- On-site brunch and dinner included with tuition
- Complimentary herbal teas and fruits all-day
- Plenty of free time to relax by the pool or explore the beaches, villages and forest of Pelion
- Additional activities upon request such as private massage sessions.
*Travelling to and from Pelion Homes is not included in the price. Please contact us for details on how to reach Pelion Homes or visit here.
YOGA - BREATHWORK - MOVEMENT
A variety of gentle and dynamic practices will be shared on a daily basis.
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend dynamic vinyasa yoga as well as gentle and therapeutic sessions aiming to strengthen, detoxify and increase the awareness of the material and immaterial body.
- Guided practices of conscious breathing will take place to release stress and tension, inviting a grounded sensation of connectedness and alignment with the present moment.
- Time will be dedicated to experiencing the surprising movement patterns that may arise when one is discretely guided, given the freedom to express oneself.
- Each person has the option to keep a slow and nourishing pace or to take a step closer to challenging their limits. One may choose whether to join or not in each session, to have a massage or a walk in the peaceful forest, or just explore and listen to the accurate needs of the body, mind and heart. We encourage our guests to feel free and to listen to their hearts.
ARTS & CRAFTS
In this art workshop, we will talk about the history, symbolism and design of the ancient art of mandalas. Then we will work together to create a “mosaic” mandala made of natural materials that we will collect during our nature trips! This work of art will be left to decorate the Pelion homes as an imprint of our existence, energy and connection!
Pelion is one of the richest countries in the world in biodiversity. Hundreds of aromatic and healing herbs are growing here. As food but also medicines of nature, they were valued – by our ancient ancestors – for their analgesic abilities. Today, about 75% of chemical drugs are based on the miraculous properties of herbs. While having a picnic next to the herb garden of Pelion Homes we will encounter and taste some of them creating toning, detoxing, relaxing and healing “magic filters” for the body and mind.
TRAVEL - DISCOVERY
We will explore the surrounding villages of Pelion and spend time relaxing and gently stretching by beautiful beaches. We will enjoy a greek coffee under the shadows of the epic plain trees by the village square and have time to discover nearby footpaths in the forest.
The retreat includes 2 daily vegetarian or vegan meals, brunch and dinner. We will experience hearty Mediterranean organic food with ingredients directly picked from our garden. Packed lunches for the days away from the villas as well as light refreshments, snacks and fruit throughout the day.
Virginia was born and raised in Athens. From an early age began to explore the body and mind’s potential through gymnastics, dance and martial arts. Her first passion and commitment were with Capoeira for 8 years.
During these playful years, she realised the power of communication and connection with the self and the others, through the body. Yoga came into her life right after, and in 2014, on a trip to Thailand, she took her first vinyasa yoga course.
In 2016 she completed her 200h tt on vinyasa Krama Yoga. She spent the next 4 years, exploring the mental and physical aspects of yoga, teaching dynamic yoga flow, moving meditation practices and handstand classes!
Naturally talented in arts and crafts, always in love with nature, good food and travelling, the last year she is trying to combine all her passions and share them in a more spacious way than just giving yoga classes.
“Life is always now…so be present! Breathe into the moment, listen to your soul’s deeper longing and share it with the world”!
Simos discovered the yogic version of himself while living in a kibbutz in the desert of Israel. He grew up in northern Greece and has a wide background of body and spiritual practices. Soft acrobatics, contact improvisation, martial arts and mobility training are part of his interests and studies.
He loves offering vinyasa sessions to help people enjoy their bodies. Relaxing practices, breathwork, intuitive movement flows and acrobatic poses are combined with his love for anatomy, kinesiology and mindfulness, resulting in a multidimensional practice.
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
We will explore the surrounding villages of Pelion, the mountainside and also spend time relaxing and gently stretching on idyllic pure beaches surrounding the coastline.
8:00 – 8:30 guided meditation and pranayama
8:30 – 10:00 dynamic vinyasa yoga practise (all levels – we offer personal assistance since we are three facilitators that work together)
10:15 – 11:30 Amazing brunch
11:30 – 19:00 Organised activities, excursions art & craft workshop (optional), massage and free time
19:00 – 20:15 soft practice and meditation (yin, yoga nidra, gentle flow, voice and movement etc)
20:30 – 9:30 Amazing dinner
9:30 – as late as you feel gathering, sharing, playing music and going with the flow.
These 7 days are designed to allow you to reconnect to your natural rhythm, inner peace, the feeling of gratitude and wellbeing. In one week you can choose to participate in:
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS
You can pay directly via bank transfer, or by using the ‘Viva Wallet’ link below. When making a transfer you must email us once the transfer has been made to confirm your payment including your full name; firstname.lastname@example.org and you please add a reference to the payment stating ‘your full name’ & UpSoul. Example; Jo Bloggs – UpSoul Retreat Deposit.
EUROBANK Greece | Beneficiary: APEX S.A. | IBAN: GR7302600720000720200306836 | BIC: ERBKGRAA
- Will be at the beautiful PELION HOMES Villas. Shared for 3-7 guests per villa depending on size and availability. Some have private pools.
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- The hosts speak: English & Greek
- The maximum participants are 18 people
- All levels are welcome to attend this program.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
The below prices (in EUR) are per person and includes the retreat program, accommodation, food and most additional group activities such as guided walks in the forest, Arts & Craft sessions, permaculture and gardening seminar.
Accommodation in private villas for 3-7 guests per villa depending on size and availability. Some have private pools.
Twin Room: Choose to stay in a twin room with shared bathroom facilities Cost: €990
Single Room with shared bathroom: Enjoy a spacious single room for your privacy with shared villa bathroom facilities. Cost: €1110
- Single Room with Ensuite bathroom: Looking for a little more privacy? Choose our most luxurious accommodation option with a king-sized bed and private ensuite bathroom. Cost: €1,170 – ALL ENSUITE ROOMS ARE NOW SOLD OUT.
You can choose to pay in full or make an initial deposit of 30% to reserve your spot. Six weeks prior to the retreat the remaining balance will be requested.
Pelion Homes offers a ‘Full Covid’ refund policy‘ so you can book with confidence and peace of mind.