Rachel Krentzman Retreat | August 2023
'ReAlign and ReCharge Retreat in Pelion, Greece'
27.08.23 - 03.09.23
Happy Back Yoga & Wellness Retreat (7 nights)
With Rachel Krentzman PT, C-IAYT
What if I were to tell you that there is nothing wrong with you? That any pain or discomfort you feel both in body and in mind is a result of patterns of tension and defenses that have developed over a lifetime. These defense patterns may have helped you survive up until now, but maybe, just maybe, they are not needed anymore. Maybe it is time to find a new way to be in the world.
Alignment is an inner and outer state, one that allows for us to be in tune with nature, with our deepest selves, with our body’s needs. When we are in alignment, our skeleton supports us, our muscles don’t need to work harder, there is a sense of ease and balance.
Change isn’t easy, but it is possible. In this 7- night workshop, we will explore barriers to alignment in our life and learn new ways to create freedom, both in your physical structure and in your way of thinking. Using practices and tools I have integrated for over 20 years including mindfulness, alignment-based Yoga and understanding character strategies, we will begin to learn how to find freedom from pain and discomfort.
Rest. Heal. Learn. Explore. Deepen. Let go.
This training and retreat is ideal for…
- Anyone with back or neck pain, chronic pain, fatigue, anxiety, depression or overthinking.
- Yoga practitioners who want to deepen their understanding of the body and mind connection.
- Yoga Teachers and Therapists who want to learn tools to help others struggling with pain.
A perfect corner of Greece. This Wellness Retreat will be hosted in the mythical region of Pelion. This paradise is tucked away in the Pagasitikos Gulf in eastern Greece. It is situated on the western side of Mount Pelion and around the village of Agios Georgios Nilias. The whole area is very lush and green, relatively untouched and characterized by sweeping mountain vistas, forests, enchanting villages and hideaway beaches.
The Pelion Peninsula is steeped in mythology. Mount Pelion took its name from the mythical king Peleus, father of Achilles, and the forested hills were the homeland of Centaurs, the mythical creatures half-men and half-horse. Pelion is dotted with monasteries and some still thriving.
This is land where the Gods, Demi-Gods and Mystics have taken pleasure and respite! Perfect for Retreating.
Is a licensed physical therapist and certified yoga therapist. After healing herself from a serious back injury with Yoga, she studied with master teachers Aadil Palkhivala (Purna Yoga), Judith Lasater and Aman Keays (Iyengar Yoga) and created Happy Back Yoga Academy. She is the author of two books, Yoga for a Happy Back: A Teacher’s Guide to Spinal Health through Yoga Therapy and Scoliosis, Yoga Therapy & the Art of Letting Go. In addition, she has authored chapters in Yoga Therapy Foundations, Tools and Practice and the soon-to-be released Yoga Therapy for Children with Complex Needs.
Rachel is the Co-Director of Wisdom-Body Yoga Therapy, an 850 hour professional yoga therapist training program in Israel. She has led workshops and retreats worldwide and has been an advocate for integrating yoga into healthcare for over 20 years.
“Alignment is not just about your body, it is about living your life with less effort and more ease.”
~ Rachel Krentzman
● Daily alignment-based Happy Back Yoga practices to unwind areas of tension contributing to back and neck pain
● Mindfulness Meditation practices
● Yoga Nidra practices, learning how to create a meaningful sankalpa (intention)
● Lectures/discussion on patterns of physical tension
● Lecture/discussion on character strategies
● Instructions on how to develop an effective home yoga practice
● One day-long group excursion to explore the beautiful natural land of Pelion and nearby local villages
● Plenty of free time for swimming in the pool or beach, reading, hiking/walking in the mountains
● One on one consultations/ treatments with Rachel and massages will be available for an extra fee.
Everything is Optional. Enjoy your time in Pelion with us as you like.
Space is limited.
- All Practices (see above).
- Accommodation 7 nights
- 2 Full Meals (Brunch, Dinner) Plus nuts, fruits, local tea & Greek coffee available throughout the day
- Group transportation expenses for excursions.
What’s NOT Included
- Airport Transfers
- Excursion expenses incurred outside of group transportation.
- €620 non-refundable deposit is required to save your spot.
- Full refund (minus deposit) up until 60 days before the start of the retreat.
- 50% refund (minus deposit) up until 30 days before the start of the retreat.
- No refund for any cancellations less than 30 days prior to retreat start date.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS.
TWIN ROOM with shared bathroom €1550 (per person.
SINGLE OCCUPANCY ROOM with shared bathroom. €1725
SINGLE OCCUPANCY Room with private bathroom (ensuite or outside the room). €1865
ARE YOUR READY TO JOIN?
Rachel Krentzman | Retreat Website
LUXURY VILLAS & ACCOMMODATION
We will be staying at Pelion Homes. An idyllic retreat location led by a dedicated team to support our experience. They have created a sanctuary that offers an abundance of opportunity to gain new perspectives, new impressions, appreciate a different rhythm of time and find greater balance in life. NO distractions.
The retreat space offers spacious, traditional villas and stone houses. Each villa has a private pool. Each villa will be shared between guests. Capacity per villa and room options vary.
Meals are prepared and made with love by ‘Pelion Homes and Retreat’ chef’s. All ingredients are handpicked, using seasonal and locally sourced farm-to-table ingredients. The retreat centre has its own organic vegetable garden.